Google Analytics is a free web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
It’s a powerful tool that can provide you with a wealth of information about your website, including how much traffic you’re getting, where your visitors are coming from, what they’re doing on your site, and how they’re converting (or not converting) into customers.
Google Analytics can help you improve your website’s performance in a number of ways, including:
- Tracking your website traffic. Google Analytics provides detailed information about your website traffic, including where your visitors are coming from, what they’re doing on your site, and how they’re converting (or not converting) into customers.
- Identifying which marketing efforts are working. Google Analytics can help you determine which of your marketing efforts are resulting in the most website traffic.
- Determining which pages on your website are most valuable in terms of ROI.
GA for Ecommerce sites
Google Analytics can be set up to track a variety of ecommerce metrics, including website traffic, conversion rates, average order value, and more.
It can also track specific goals, such as adding an item to a shopping cart or making a purchase. Businesses can use this information to see how well their website is performing and make changes to improve their sales.
How can you get started with Google Analytics
- Create a Google Analytics account
The first step is to create a Google Analytics account. You can do this by visiting the Google Analytics website and clicking the “Create an Account” button.
- Add your website
Once you have created your account, you will need to add your website. To do this, click the “Admin” tab and then select “Create New Property”.
- Enter your website’s details
Next, you will need to enter your website’s details. This includes the website’s name, URL and industry.
- Copy the tracking code
Once you have entered your website’s details, you will need to copy the tracking code. This code needs to be added to your website’s HTML.
- Add the tracking code to your website
Alternatively you can reach out to me for all your consulting needs.